Average Teacher Salary Information
AVERAGE TEACHER SALARIES (A.R.S. §15-903.E, amended by Laws 2018, Ch. 285)
- Average salary of all teachers employed in FY 2021 (budget year) = $54,748
- Average salary of all teachers employed in FY 2020 (prior year) = $51,752
- Increase in average teacher salary from the prior year = $2,996
- Percentage increase = 5.8%
COMMENTS ON AVERAGE SALARY CALCULATION:
- The average salary of all teachers employed in FY 2019 & 2020 include Prop 301 Base and Performance Pay.
The Governing Board approved the following definition of a teacher to clarify “who receives base compensation from Prop 301 monies and be eligible to receive a salary increase as a teacher”:“Any person eligible to be included as a teacher on a district’s FTE count submitted with its annual financial report, whose salary was paid under Program Code 100, 200, 300, 500; and Function Code 1000 (Instruction).
- Average salary of all teachers in FY 2018 = $43,993
- Total percentage increase in average teacher salary since FY 2018 = 24.4%