LETTER FROM THE COORDINATOR
Welcome to the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program. Anthem K-8 School is the only fully authorized K-8 school in Pinal county to deliver the IB(International Baccalaureate) program. IB is a comprehensive program of study. All students in grades 6th-8th will take each of the courses listed:
- Language and Literature (Formerly ELA)
- Individuals and Societies (Formerly Social Studies)
- Language Acquisition (All students will take Spanish)
- Physical and Health Education (Minimum of 50 hours per year)
- Design (Minimum of 50 hours per year)
- The Arts (Includes: Visual Arts, Band, or Choir) (Minimum of 50 hours per year)
Students also complete individual research into topics which are of interest to them and engage in various forms of community service to work for a better world and create international and global mindedness.
The MYP program serves students in grades 6-10. Anthem K-8 is in a partnership with Florence High School to extend what students learn here in grades 6-8 and carry the program into grades 9 and 10 of the MYP and then further into the IB Diploma Program in grades 11 and 12.
If you would like to know more about IB and the program specifically developed at Anthem K-8 School, I would be happy to meet with you. Please feel free to contact me at 520-723-6400 x. 3006 or email me at email@example.com.
Melissa Haugen—IB Coordinator