Optional Laptop Insurance Program - Revision #4 (Approved September 13, 2022)
Effective September 15, 2021, FUSD allows students/parents to participate in the FUSD 1:1 Technology Initiative program without a mandatory fee. Instead, all students will have free access to a district laptop, and students/parents will be held responsible for any damage to the device.
As part of the FUSD 1:1 Technology Initiative, a parent/guardian has the option to enroll in FUSD’s Laptop Insurance Program. Enrollment in the program is optional and minimizes the potential repair and/or replacement costs associated with the device. By selecting this program, a parent/guardian agrees to pay a non-refundable annual fee of $50 to be enrolled in the Laptop Insurance Program. If a device becomes damaged, the student will take it to the school’s Tech Center (9-12) or front office (K8) for assessment and repair. If the device is stolen while at school, the incident must be reported by the student to their teacher or front office within 24 hours. If the device is stolen outside of school, a parent/guardian must file a police report within 48 hours. A copy of the report must be turned in to the school principal. Enrollment in the Laptop Insurance Program does not begin until the annual $50 payment has been received.
Students have one week (five working days) to report any damage(s) or impurities to their assigned Technology Team.
THE LAPTOP INSURANCE PROGRAM IS VALID ONLY DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR OF PURCHASE.
Visual Cost Breakdown Of Each Option
Optional Laptop Insurance Program Online Payment Instructions
For your convenience, Florence Unified School District offers a free and secure electronic system for the payment of your Laptop Insurance Fee.
Visit the FUSD Student Payment Portal >
What is covered under the Program?
- Accidental damage, such as cracked screens or cases, broken keyboards, etc.
- Battery replacement (if it is determined that the battery is malfunctioning)
- Replacement of stolen device. NOTE: The device must be reported stolen, and a police report must be filed within 48 hours before a new device is issued. A copy of the report must be turned in to the school principal.
- Hardware issues (video cable, broken ports, speakers)
What is NOT covered under the Program?
- Lost Device
- Sticker Remover ($15.00 labor charge)
- Intentional damage. This includes body damage, drawings, and carvings.
Laptop Insurance Program - Opt-Out
Parents and students who choose NOT to purchase the Laptop Insurance Program or elect to have their laptop fee refunded instead of opting in for the Laptop Insurance Program are responsible for 100% of all repair and replacement costs for the device.
If you HAVE NOT linked to your ParentVue account
- Choose the “Click here to set your password” button at the top of the page
- Enter the e-mail address you provided in your registration packet
- Click Search
- Check your email for instructions on finalizing your account
- Follow the above instructions for payment
For payment related questions, contact Laura Behrens at 520-866-3533 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have already linked your ParentVue account to the payment portal
- Login using your existing credentials
- Select your student’s name under “Who are you shopping for?”
- Select the following options:
- Items at all schools
- District Office (School Type)
- District Office (School)
- Laptop Insurance (Categories)
- Select the item and proceed to checkout